Latest Updates on Iraq, 29 October 2019
Human rights committee in Iraq: In last night incidents in Karbala, one person was killed and 142 security forces and 50 protesters injured.
– Protests held in Baghdad and some other cities.
– PM Adil Abdul-Mahdi answered Sadr in a letter. Sadr demanded resignation of PM and early parliament election.
Adil Abdul-Mahdi in his letter:
If the goal of the (early) election is changing the government, the shorter way is that you coalesce with bother Hadi Al-Amiri (leader of al-Fath coalition) and form the new government.
After that I resign from my position and the new government can start working at most in a few days. I think different groups will be helping on this agreement.
– Office of Abdul-Mahdi said:
Sadr mentioned about reforming election laws and high committee of election and Abdul-Mahdi also talked about signing this reforms. But regarding the early election we should say as long as this parliament is in the office the election is not possible according to the law. Unless parliament abolishes itself which is an authority of parliament not PM’s.
– Sadr returns to Iraq after a long stay in Iran.
Sadr’s answer to Abdul-Mahdi letter:
I asked the early election to save your credit, but now that you don’t agree, I ask brother Hadi Al-Amiri to start your impeachment.
– Hadi Al-Amiri answer to Sadr:
We will collaborate for the sake of people and the country’s interests.
– Human rights committee in Iraq: In last night incidents in Karbala, one person was killed and 142 security forces and 50 protesters injured.