Latest Updates on Afghanistan, 8 December 2019
Latest news from Afghanistan fronts and presidential election
– Afghanistan Ministry of Defense reported to cleanse six villages including Qazzaq Tappa and Mulla Din Muhammad in Chahar Darrah district from Taliban control.
– Taliban attacking to security forces station in Dashte Archi district, six forces were killed and wounded in Qunduz.
2. Latest updates on presidential election:
– Zalmay Khalilzad met with Abdullah Abdullah and Ashraf Ghani.
– Three campaigns of Abdullah Abdullah, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar and Rahmatullah Nabil joint warning to election commission: We won’t let the government which came by fraud to settle.
– Election commission: Recounting is halted in seven northern provinces by some candidates campaigns, which prevents announcing the results and if it doesn’t end, results are not announced.
– Faramarz Tamanna supported Ashraf Ghani and formed coalition with him, two months after the election.
3. Vast operation in north of Afghanistan
ISIS has infiltrated in some areas of north extensively. We will launch an extensive operation against terrorists.
In recent months Taliban attacks against roads Faryab-Jozjan and Jozjan-Balkh have increased.
4. Latest updates on US-Taliban negotiation:
Some reliable sources said there is agreement that Taliban stops suicide attacks in big towns and US. stops night attacks to Taliban, in Doha summit.