Latest Updates on Karabakh Clashes, 3 November 2020 (Map Update)
ISWNews Analysis Group: Azerbaijani forces have reached the gates of the important city of Shusha, and clashes continue between Azerbaijani and Armenian forces around it.
– According to the latest field information, Azerbaijani forces have reached the city of Shusha and heavy clashes between Azerbaijani special forces and Armenian forces continue in the region.
This afternoon, pro-Azerbaijani media reported the control of the Dasalti area south of Shusha after 48 hours of heavy fighting.
– Armenian artillery targeted the Tartar, Fuzuli, Gadaby and Tovuz. Azerbaijan claimed that Armenia has used phosphorous bombs. Armenia, on the other hand, has accused Azerbaijan of using phosphorous bombs.
– Azerbaijani artillery targeted the city of Stepanakert (Khankendi).
– Clashes between Azerbaijani and Armenian forces continue in the south of Martuni (Khojavend).
– A unit of Azerbaijani special forces was ambushed by Armenian forces in Nagorno-Karabakh in the Karmir Shuka region. Among the items left were the uniforms of the Azerbaijani border guards, which had previously been seen in the bodies of Syrian terrorists.
– The representative of the Armenian Ministry of Defense, Artsrun Hovhannisyan, announced that the clashes have reached near the important Lachin border region. According to the representative of the Armenian Ministry of Defense, clashes between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces continue in the southern plains of the Lachin region.
– News sources report the death of an Armenian government official in Nagorno-Karabakh. According to reports, Armenian Minister of Emergency Situations and Deputy Prime Minister was killed in an airstrike on a convoy carrying Artsakh President Arayik Harutyunyan. News sources also say that Harutyunyan was seriously injured.
– According to the pro-Armenian media, one person was killed and two others were wounded in the bombardment of the Davit Bek region in Armenia by Azerbaijani artillery.