Latest Updates on Karabakh Clashes, 8-9 November 2020 (Map Update)
ISWNews Analysis Group: Two Russian soldiers were killed when Azerbaijani forces targeted a Russian military helicopter on the border with Nakhchivan.
– After several days of heavy conflicts Azerbaijan forces claimed strategic town Shusha. Although Armenia rejects the full control of Shusha by Azerbaijan but due to the field situation the town is in hands of Azerbaijan.
However, heavy clashes between Azerbaijan and Armenian forces continue in the area.
– On 8 November, Azerbaijan president, Ilham Aliyev in a symbolic act appeared at Heydar Aliyev grave in military uniform and claimed Azerbaijan control on Shusha town.
– According to information provided by Ilham Aliyev, villages and areas Gobu Dilagarda, Yal Pirehmedli, Yuxari Yaglivend, Dilagarda, Seyid Mahmudlu, Elesgerli, Ashagi Guzdek, Govshalti, Mirzejamalli, Shekerjik, Merdinli, Shikhli, Garamemmedli, Dovletyarli, Hajili, Huseynbeyli, Sarajig in the Fuzuli district and Demirchiler, Chanagchi, Medetkend, Signaq, Shushakend, Mukhtar, Dashalti in the Khojaly district and Susanlig, Doni, Tug, Akaku, Azikh, Mets Taglar, Salaketin, Zogalbulag, Aragul, Tagavard, Boyuk Tagavard, Zerdanashen, Sheher in the Khojavend district and Huseynalilar, Soyudlu, Ashagi Sirik, Galajig, Mollahesenli, Esgerkhanli, Yukhari Nusus, Ashig Melikli, Niftalilar, Gerer, Chelebiler in the Jabrayil district and Yukhari Mollu, Ashagi Mollu, Khojik, Garamanli, Khendek, Hemzeli, Mahrizli, Hal, Balligaya, Ulashli, Tinli, Khojahan, Boyuneger, Garagoyunlu, Chereli in the Qubadli district and Kechikli, Ordekli, Sobu, Garagoz, Isgenderbeyli villages, Bartaz settlement, Bartaz strategic elevation (2300m), Sigirt elevation (1370m), Shukurataz elevation (2000m), additional 5 nameless strategic elevations in the Zangilan district and Gulebird, Sefiyan, Turkler in the Lachin district are claimed by Azerbaijan forces.
It is noteworthy that some of these areas have been captured in days and weeks before. (shown by blue circle on the map.)
– Clashes between Azerbaijan and Armenian forces were ongoing south of Martuni.
– Conflict continues between Azerbaijan and Armenian forces in Karmir Shuka village on Fuzuli-Shusha road.
– From September 27 to November 9, as a result of provocations committed by Armenians, 93 civilians were killed, 407 injured. During this period, 3326 residential buildings, 504 civilian objects, 120 apartment buildings were damaged, according to the Prosecutor General’s Office of Azerbaijan.
– Turkish foreign and defense Ministers met with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev in Baku.
– Armenian air defense systems shot down a Turkish Bayraktar TB2 drone.
– Azerbaijan artillery shelled Stepanakert(Khankendi) town last night and today morning several times.
– Following Azerbaijan forces advances in Shusha and cutting Stepanakert-Lachin road and conflict reached Stepanakert, some of Stepanakert inhabitants are fleeing toward Armenia. It is noteworthy that since Stepanakert road to Armenia is under fire by Azerbaijani forces and Kalbajar road is not very safe, some believe this footage is not very reliable.
– Azerbaijan forces shot down a Russian army Mi-24 helicopter over Yeraskh area. Two Russian soldiers killed.
– Azerbaijan artillery shelled Davit Bek village inside Armenia.