Iranian missiles pounds terrorist positions in Kurdistan region!
ISWNews Analysis Group: Iranian Armed Forces destroyed positions of terrorist groups in the provinces of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah in north of Iraq with several pinpoint missiles and suicide drones this morning.
According to the latest information obtained from the early morning attack of the Iranian Armed Forces on the military positions of terrorist groups in the Kurdistan Region, the Koysinjaq area, the Jazhnikan camp in northern suburbs of Erbil city and two other headquarters in the Zargoiz and Bangora areas in southern suburbs of Sulaimaniyah city were targeted with several missiles and Shahed-136 (or 131) suicide drones.
So far, no information has been released about the exact amount of casualties and damages of these attacks, but it is said that a member of the Kurdish Democratic Party of Iran (KDPI) terrorist group named “Behzad Iskat” was killed in the attacks.
Nasser Kanani, the spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iran said this morning during a meeting with journalists in response to today’s attacks by the Iranian armed forces on terrorist positions in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq:
“Iran’s expectation is definitely that there will be no threat to Iran’s national security from Iraqi territory and that Iraq should not be used as a place and base of threat against Iran. We expect that the Iraqi government and local government officials of the Kurdistan region to fulfill their international responsibilities and fulfill the commitments they made in the framework of bilateral negotiations with Iran. However, despite the repeated promises that we received from the Iraqi and regional government officials, this did not happen, and as a result, Iran is acting based on its legal rights to protect the security of its borders, land and citizens, to provide security and repel threats.”
On the other hand, the Kurdistan Regional Government issued a statement strongly condemning today’s attack by Iran’s armed forces and considered it a repeated violation of Iraq’s territorial sovereignty and against the principles of good neighborliness. In this statement, they asked Iran to end these attacks.
The new round of attacks by Iran’s armed forces on the positions of terrorist groups based in the Kurdistan region of Iraq began while a while ago the US media “Associated Press” quoted informed sources and claimed that General Ismail Qaani, the commander of the IRGC Quds Force, in his recent trip to Iraq, in addition to warning the Iraqi authorities, has stated that if the terrorist groups in the Kurdistan region are not disarmed and the Iraqi army forces are not stationed on the common border between Iran and the Kurdistan region, the Iranian armed forces will start ground operations in northern Iraq!
It is worth mentioning that last night’s attacks were the third round of attacks by Iranian armed forces against terrorist groups in northern Iraq. The first round of attacks took place on September 28, during which 15 militia members were killed and 24 others were injured. In the second round of attacks on November 14, Sidakan heights, south of Sulaymaniyah and the outskirts of Koysinjaq were targeted and at least two members of the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iran terrorist group were killed and 10 others were injured.