Latest updates on Yemen; 28 January 2018/ Aden blood day; southerners’ engagements among each other.
In Aden battlefield alliance and northern forces (AnsarAllah, Islah and Motamar) only observe and only southerners are fighting. It seems this is a blood shedding early referendum between southerners to choose between unity and independence or Saudi and emirates.
- al Hamayat al Ra`asiya forces led by Hadi settle near Bin Dagahr the resident of Prime Minister Hadi and the streets to important places and residents of leaders. On the other hand, Aden security forces under commandment of Shalal Shaya` are beside al Hizam al Amni forces related to Emirates.
- Sunday morning Hadi troops try to prevent followers of Southern Transitional Council to rally in appointed places. In despite of engagement between Hadi forces and Aydrus forces which results in two deaths and four wounds, hundreds of southern troops enter the protesters gathering place in Khormaksar, Aden.
- Huna Aden website close to Hadi reports that situation in Aden is under control of Hadi forces.
- Shalal Shaya` leader of security forces in Aden enters the protesters gathering place in Khormaksar.
- Aydrus forces occupy a barrack “Naqal”. This barrack is near Tareq barrack and a place for Hadi troops. Some of Hadi troops are captured.
- Engagements reach Arish in Khormaksar and Jolah Caltex square in Mansura and are spreading out. Both sides are fighting heavily.
- Prime Ministry and High Council of Justice buildings are occupied by Aydrus forces.
- Huna Aden website: a whole battalion of Aydrus forces surrounds to Hadi forces.
- Barrack under commandment of Naser son of Hadi falls.
- Bin Daghar asks all military units to ceasefire and return to barracks.
- General Fadhl Hassan commander of the fourth military region joins Aydrus forces and claims all units under his leadership supporting southern Moghawemat.
- Hadi forces occupy all inspection posts and barracks of Hizam al Amni related to Emirates in Dar al Saad area.
- Hadi forces take over the Prime Ministry building which was occupied by Aydrus forces before.
- Fights in Aden today result in 12 deaths and 23 wounded.
- Hadi forces occupy Tawahi and Khormaksar districts and recapture High Council of Justice and some other governmental buildings.
- Southern Transitional Council issue an announcement, in which emphasizes on changing Bin Daghar government using peaceful means.
- Hadi asks for immediate ceasefire in Aden.
- In Aden battlefield alliance and northern forces (AnsarAllah, Islah and Motamar) only observe and only southerners are fighting. It seems this is a blood shedding early referendum between southerners to choose between unity and independence or Saudi and emirates.