Investigating details of rocket attack on Aden Airport (Map Update)
Examining the dimensions and details of the recent rocket attack on Aden airport denies the allegations made against Ansar Allah and Iran regarding the execution and responsibility of this attack; read the article.
On December 30, as the new Saudi-backed cabinet of the Mansour Hadi government arrived in Aden, several explosions took place at Aden airport, killing more than 25 people and injuring nearly 100 others. Saudi and Mansour Hadi media outlets claim the attacks were carried out using four ballistic missiles.
The media also published images claiming that the attack carried out from Taiz International Airport and blamed Ansar Allah for the attack.
“Preliminary results of the investigation show that Houthi militias (Ansar Allah) are behind the attack and the attack was carried out by cruise missiles and Iranian experts were involved in the attack,” said Deputy Prime Minister of Hadi government, Moin Abdul Malik.
Hours after the bombings at Aden Airport, the Aden Presidential Palace was also targeted by a drone, and Ansar Allah was again blamed for the attack.
According to the available evidence from this incident, it should be said that this scenario can be fabricated for several reasons and the accusations against AnsarAllah and Iran are considered baseless:
1- The amount of destruction of these rockets is more limited than Ansar Allah missiles and no image of the remains of the fired rockets has been published that can be compared with the previous images of the remains of Ansar Allah missiles.
2- The distance between the alleged source of the missiles from Taiz International Airport to Aden Airport is about 136 km, and this distance is not within the range of Katyusha rockets used by Ansar Allah.
Ansar Allah certainly does not use rockets to carry out such attacks, and it certainly has better options such as the Badr series missiles.
3- The images attributed to the firing of missiles in Taiz contradict the statements of the Hadi’s Prime Minister that they were cruise missiles, and these images are related to the firing of rockets in an unknown area. In addition, Ansar Allah cruise missiles are very accurate and could have targeted the plane carrying the new cabinet of the resigned government instead of those present at the airport.
4- The ambassador of Saudi Arabia in Yemen and other agents of the two countries of Saudi Arabia and the UAE were not present at the airport, which indicates that they were previously informed about this incident.
5- Ansar Allah political officials have denied the allegations. The Iranian Foreign Ministry and the Yemeni government have also condemned the incident and called it as the result of the destabilizing actions of the Saudi coalition.
Ansar Allah has carried out heavier attacks against the coalition in the past and has claimed responsibility; Therefore, it cannot be said that Ansar Allah avoids taking responsibility for this attack or is afraid of the consequences of the western countries reaction to this attack.
In general, the Riyadh agreement, which is the brainchild of the Saudi and Emirati crown princes, has many opponents inside Yemen, on both the southern factions and with Mansour Hadi’s supporters.
There are two groups among them that have not benefited from this attack and are even very dissatisfied with the agreement:
1. The Muslim Brotherhood, whose share of power in the resigned government has now been reduced and whose members have been removed from the cabinet.
2. The southern separatists, who with the formation of a joint cabinet and the establishment of the government in Aden, are considered the victors of the plans for the separation of the south from Yemen.